5 Things You MUST Do
Mar 05, 2014
Spring Break in the Smoky Mountains
(1) Rent a Cabin - Yeah that seems a little self-serving but seriously the best way to truly experience the Smoky Mountains is by getting away from our busy life and staying in a cabin. Sitting with close friends sharing stories of the day’s adventures. Grilling hotdogs & Hamburgers, sitting by a campfire roasting marshmallows. No matter where you want a cabin, in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, Heartland Rentals has the perfect cabin for you.
(2) Get in touch with nature, go for a hike, there are dozens of trails that are waiting to be explored. Get your friends grab you back pack and head on out for the time of your life. Be sure to bring a camera along with you, you do not want to be the person who says “We saw a Bear, and oh gosh I wish I had my camera” Be the person who posts the picture of a bear to Facebook and make all of your friends jealous. We do suggest that you make your way to the Sugarland’s visitor center in Gatlinburg before you go on any hikes. It is always a GREAT idea to check with rangers to see what is going on and to let them know where you plan to hike.
(3) Eat some great food, The Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are both well known for incredible dining. New restaurants to the area are Holston’s fine family dining in Sevierville and Cheddars family dining in Pigeon Forge. Both restaurants offer a wide variety menu items, there is something for everybody.
(4) Get Crazy – and go ride some Go-Karts. Get in buckle up and hang on, Pigeon Forge speed demon central, let’s keep it on the track. Nobody likes that guy weaving through traffic on the parkway. Fast Tracks and Blake Jones Racing Centers located directly across the parkway from the Red Roof Malls are two of my personal favorite place to go let off some steam.
(5) Save Money and have more FUN, Oh yeah it can happen you can do both. At Heartland Cabin Rentals every reservation receives great incentives like FREE attraction tickets, FREE show tickets… Gatlinburg cabin guests and Pigeon Forge Cabin Guests get the ROYAL treatment with our guest rewards program.
By Doug Shanks a Google Local Guide Smoky Mountain blogger and writes about things to do in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Wears Valley, and Sevierville, Tennessee. Area interests include hiking, fishing, whitewater rafting, shopping, and family fun.