14th Annual Saddle Up! Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Jan 22, 2014
Let the cowboy or cowgirl come out of you this February in Pigeon Forge. Starting February 19th through February 23th, The 14th Annual Saddle Up! Festival is back in Pigeon Forge. A five -day celebration of the great American West right here in the Smokey Mountains. Over the duration of this special event, there are many different cowboy themed activities that are sure to engage all age groups from concerts put on by western musicians and cowboy poets to a cook off and dancing.
The majority of this year’s Saddle Up event in Pigeon Forge will be held at the Pigeon Forge LeConte Center located at 2986 Teaster Lane Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
This Year’s Guests
Don Edwards, Belinda Gail, Andy Nelson, Joyce Woodson, Red Steagall and Ray Doyle just for starters.
Saddle Up Schedule
Wednesday, February 19
· Songwriters Workshop 10-11:30 a.m.
· Cornbread Sampling 12-1:30 p.m. at the Pottery House Cafe at Old Mill Square
· Western Video/Photography Presentation 1-2p.m.
· Saddle Up Sampler 3-3:15 p.m.
Thursday, February 20
· Fiddle and Guitar Styles Workshop 10-11:30 a.m.
· Western Dance Class 2-3:30 p.m.
· Don Edwards dinner concert 6-8 p.m. ($54.88)
· Hot Club of Cow town dinner concert 6-8 p.m. ($54.88)
Friday, February 21
· Stories and Strings 12-1 p.m. at Smoky Mountain Guitars ($21.95)
· Presentation of the History & Lifestyle of the American Cowboy 2-3 p.m.
· Saddle Up Concert #1 3-6:45 p.m. ($21.95)
· Saddle Up Concert #2 7-9 p.m. ($21.95)
Saturday, February 22
· Buckaroo Roundup and chuck Wagon Cook Off at Clabough’s Campground ($12.50)
· Saddle Up Concert #3 6-8 p.m. ($21.95)*
· Cowboy Dance 8:30-10:30 p.m. ($5)
Sunday, February 23
· Chuck Wagon Breakfast 8:30-10 a.m. ($5)
· Cowboy Church 10:30 a.m.
Where to stay
Heartland Cabin Rentals is proud to offer one to five bedroom cabins for guest attending this year’s Saddle Up event in Pigeon Forge. Enjoy a clean Cabin in Gatlinburg, Wears Valley, or Pigeon Forge. A cabin can be your home away from home. To find and book a cabin click here! We hope to see you soon.
By Doug Shanks a Smoky Mountain blogger and writes about things to do in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Wears Valley, and Sevierville, Tennessee. Area interests include hiking, fishing, whitewater rafting, shopping, and family fun.