Gatlinburg Restaurants and Dining
They say that death and taxes are the only two certainties in life, but there’s actually a third—getting hungry. When that time comes when you’re vacationing in Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains, you never have to look far to find a restaurant. What’s wonderful about dining in the Smokies is that there’s an eatery for every palate and preference and every budget. From national chains to locally owned gems, here are some of the highlights when it comes to restaurants in Gatlinburg.
• The Park Grill – Located at the south end of the Parkway, near the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, The Park Grill serves a tempting menu of steaks, chicken, mountain trout and other specialty dishes that reflect local and regional influences. Part of this restaurant’s charm is its mountain lodge atmosphere. The structure is made from hand-hewn timbers forested in the Rocky Mountains and transported to the Smokies.
• Best Italian Café & Pizzeria – This is one of the locals’ best-kept secrets. For more than 30 years, this little eatery has been wowing locals and knowledgeable guests with its wide range of authentic Italian fare. The food is served in generous portions and consistently garners raves. Don’t forget to save some room for their homemade desserts.
• Bubba Gump Shrimp Company – This Forrest Gump-themed restaurant is a fun place to sit down and absorb lots of ambiance from the movie. The two-story restaurant is strongly reminiscent of a coastal shrimp shack thanks to its emphasis on rustic architectural features and wood-look finishes. However, tons of Forrest Gump memorabilia (photos, production schedules, prop replicas, etc.) adorn the wall. The menu features fried shrimp, chipotle shrimp, coconut shrimp, shrimp New Orleans, shrimp scampi and shrimp sautéed in lemon butter. You can also get other fare such as broiled mahi mahi, fish and chips, fried chicken and even New York strip steak and baby-back ribs.
• Greenbrier Restaurant – Here’s another local fave that dates back decades. Occupying a lodge-like structure that actually once functioned as a mountain retreat this restaurant bordering the national park benefits from great woodsy views and some of the best cuisine in the Smokies. Their steaks and their stuffed trout in particular are not to be missed, and you can enjoy selections from their full bar along with your meal.
Of course, don’t plan your dining without first planning your accommodations in the Smokies. Be careful not to be lured in by other companies’ promises of cheap cabins in Gatlinburg. At Heartland Rentals, you’ll get only the highest quality overnight rentals and still at a fair price. You may even find that you'd rather dine in once you see your full kitchen with all the cooking appliances you'll need and dining area for a nice romantic or family dinner in.
Other Restaurants in Gatlinburg You'll Enjoy!
• Crawdaddy's Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
• Cherokee Grill
• Smoky Mountain Trout House
• Crockett’s 1875 Breakfast Camp
• Three Jimmy's
• Crystelle Creek Grill
• Johnny Rockets 'All American' Burgers & Shakes
• Loco Burro Fresh Mexican Cantina with Rooftop Lounge
• Pucker's Family Sports Grill
• Alamo Steakhouse
• No Way Jose's Mexican Restaurant
• Hungry Bear BBQ
• Pancake Pantry
Special Events for Food & Drink!
• Dollywood BBQ & Bluegrass Festival
• Smoky Mountain Winefest
• Gatlinburg Beans & Cornbread Blast
• Gatlinburg Farmer's Market
• Annual Taste of Autumn
• Winter Magic Chili Cookoff